"...It is not simply a case of having a set of procedures and processes, nor is it just about having controls in place. Reliance on poor controls is often worst tha having no controls at all..."
With so much more regulations imposed by the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) and the Singapore Government on Listed Companies, many Listed Companies has applied for delisting in the last few years and other SMEs dream of going listing in Singapore has been smashed by the more stringent criteria imposed by the SGX.
Taiwan Listing offered a new dimension to SMEs with clear plans to expand their business. The Taiwan market is active and very sensitive to good news and makes it easy for any listed entity to raise fund in a dynamic market. Taiwan has 2 markets known as the TWSE and GTSM. The Criteria for listing in the GTSM market are as follows:
- At least two years history.
- Shareholders’ equity must be more than NTD 100m or S$4 m.
- Earnings before Tax must be more than NTD 4 m or S$160,000.
- EBT/Equity must be more than 3% in the last two years.
- Board of directors comprise of 5 persons of which at least two must be independent.
- At least one of the independent must be resident in Taiwan.
- Audit Committee must comprise of 3 persons of which 2 must be independent and one of the independent must be the Chairman.
If you think your company meets the criteria and wanted to explore listing in an aggressive market like Taiwan, contact us we can help you realise your dream.